Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving (Everything Free) Cooking

Ahh...the adventures of Thanksgiving cooking. This will be the first year that I will be cooking the entire meal by myself. Not that I am concerned just have LOTS to do.

Holidays are by far some of my favorite times! I love al the food, family, friends, and traditions. Unfortunately (and fortunately) since last years holiday season I have figured out that I am allergic to just about every good and yummy food you can think of. So at first thought, the holidays started to make me depressed because I figured I wouldn't be able to participate in any of the enjoyable time with family sitting around a table full of delicious, amazing, and mouth-watering food. Yet, after I got past those thoughts, I realized I didn't have to be depressed because I decided to take matters into my own hands!

This will be the Albrecht family's first year of gluten free, dairy free, wheat free, egg free, and sugar free Thanksgiving. Or as some have joked, the healthiest Thanksgiving dinner on the planet!
My goal is absolutely for it to not only be healthy but also for it to be completely tasty and delicious as well so nobody misses the lack of all of those ingredients. I think the best part so far is when we asked my brother, Brett, if he had an requests. The first thing he said is stuffing. Yet, without much delay he quickly added, "Is everything gonna be gluten-free and crap, because I really like my gluten!" I guess we will see if he even notices!

The menu so far is:

Turkey
Stuffing
Gravy
Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatos
Sweet Potato Casserole
Pumpkin Pie
Cranberry Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
Pumpkin Custard
Pumkin Cheesecake (possibly)

It all sounds delicious yet obviously I have never made ANY of these without all of the above ingredients, so wish me luck because the Thanksgiving day preparations are about to begin.....
Brittany Albrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment