Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilted Together

It sure has been awhile since I have been able to sit and write a blog. In fact this one is actually being pieced together in between the rest of life (since I keep getting harassed about no new updates!) I am going to try harder to update more, but there is no guarantee since I rarely have time to just sit down let alone write a blog! I don't even have time for Facebook anymore (now you know that is bad!)

Let's see, what has been going on?!? Hmm...well, for starters I can't believe that it is already February! Wow! A whole month of 2010 is already gone! I can't believe it. Yet, with all that I have going on I feel like I will look back in a couple of months and barely remember February either. I am currently taking 15 hours of school, working about 25 hours a week, and training for my competition in April. In the in between time, I spend driving! All of these places are in completely different and opposite places from where I live and from each other. I definitely feel blessed to be able to be apart of all of them and to have the means and ability to get to all of these places. God sure is good and I am already seeing his amazing blessing being poured out into my life this year and I can't imagine what else is in store for the next 11 months! :)

My classes are very interesting and exciting actually. It is kind of like a melting pot mix of classes, which is probably good for my ADD! :) I am taking History (my least favorite), Marketing, Social Psychology, Systematic Theology, and a Graphic Design class. It is hard to pinpoint which class is my favorite because I am really enjoying learning about graphic design and being able to actually produce and make my own stuff. I am also definitely enjoying learning the history and progression of Christianity, as well as why we as humans act certain ways and the way we relate to others. I also definitely feel blessed to be able to continue learning and taking classes at such an influential school. Dallas Baptist University is definitely a unique university and my favorite school that I have been to. (Since I have made my rounds for a total of 12 schools in my life) I think its is awesome how even in a secular class like social psyc we base everything on the Bible and are given examples throughout the Bible. I also find it awesome that we pray before and after most classes! What a totally different and unique experience from all the rest of my schooling!

I am also required to go to Chapel at least every Monday and Wednesday. This is basically a church service with a new speaker every time. At first I found it sort of an inconvenience to have to go to school way earlier just to attend. Yet, I enjoy getting to worship God and learn about Him more through some amazing and seasoned speakers and children of God. I find it rather amazing that all of us college students can gather together in worship. Of course God is always in church no matter what the age of the attendees. Yet, I find it totally unique and interesting the power that we as college students have and the up and coming next influential generation has when we all band together. Wow! It is awesome to get to be apart of that!

The 25 hours or so a week that I am working now are still nannying for the Massey family. They have four great, interesting, and unique kids, Morgan, 3 and a half years old, Aaron, 6 years old, Hannah, 9 years old, and Jake, 11 years old. Although they can definitely be a handful they are totally adorable! I feel blessed to get to be a part of their family and to have a job in this economy!

Now, I am sure this is the section of our you impatient people (you know who you are) have been waiting for, updates on my training! Well it has now been close to a month that I have been training (yay for making it that long!) I have about 8 weeks left of training before the BIG day! My first competition of the year is going to be the Ronnie Coleman here in Mesquite on Saturday, April 10th. I have been fighting with myself about whether or not I should put up pictures of my weekly process or not. Yet, I haven't yet because honestly I haven't really wanted anyone to see me in a bikini. Maybe sometime during this process I will put them up, but not until I am ready. This way I can stay sort of sane and not be stressing about how much farther I have to go and have the whole world be looking!

Training started out a little rough actually. My diet has been perfect and I haven't missed a beat in my training yet the first week I actually gained a pound!!!! As you can imagine, I was not very excited about this! :( Yet, I persevered on and kept going, and instead of going out and eating sushi and Ben and Jerry's (my classic cheat meal) I decided to use it to my advantage and train harder! With the reassurance from Tad on my diet, and the butt kicking from Jerome, I kept pushing.

Well, here is another piece that I can knit and add into this started and added onto quilt of a blog but still haven't finished. I have been writing this blog since the very beginning of February and now it is almost the end and I am just now finishing it up. Unfortunately, with the training thing I have missed a couple of cardio days here and there and oddly for me my diet hasn't been spot on. I think I am finding it MUUUCH harder with time around because of all the stress of the rest of my life that is going on. I literally feel like I never have time to relax or do anything for me. All of my time is consumed with running around and getting stuff done. There is always a list in hand of the millions of things that need to be checked off before the end of the day or the end of the week and yet they never all seem to get checked. Oh well, I guess this is my life for now and I am trying to stay as positive as possible about everything and just keep putting one foot in front of the other! I am so blessed to be able to participate and be a part of all of them that it is hard to get disappointed when you put it all into perspective. Especially when you spell perspective like Haiti! Wow! Aren't we all blessed?

I do know that I keep saying this, but I am going to do my best to try and update more and more even if they are just short quick blogs so that way all you harassers can lay low for a while! ;) Have a very blessed and amazing day!


B :)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Brittany, we're praying for you! Love and hugs...Deb and Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I definitely need all of the prayers that I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete