Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pneumonia

First off, I can't believe that it is already April! Wow, crazy! Time suuure flies (and yes, I will probably say that at the beginning of every month!) Well, March wasn't exactly my favorite month ever. I was pretty much sick the entire month and wasn't able to workout! I did get to watch a lot of movies and a lay on my butt a lot. I had been pushing to compete in April yet after a month of not working out, unless of course you count hacking up a lung, that is not going to happen. On top of the coughing and feeling awful when I actually felt like eating, I pretty much ate whatever I wanted, and most of the time I didn't want to eat chicken and broccoli. It was a crazy chain of events that started with my usual health stuff and snowballed into a cold, to bronchitis, to a kidney infection, to pneumonia! No bueno!

Well, the positive news is I am feeling MUCH better now. Despite the fact that I am still not 100% I was able to run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and this morning. Also, I trained with Jerome for the first time today too. Despite the fact I was on the verge of passing out the entire time, it felt AMAZING! I loved the torture and sorta of forgot JUST how much I liked it! It was an amazing high and made me feel soo much better! Now I can't wait to be back to 100% so I can get back focused and ready for the next competition. Right now I am trying to shoot for the end of May but sort of playing it by year because you just never know what my body is going to do (or not do).

No comments:

Post a Comment