Friday, January 15, 2010

CHRISTmas Time!

Wow I can't believe that Christmas has already come and gone for 2009! Time sure flies!! I enjoyed the Christmas season filled with family, being lazy, baking, cooking, and yummy food. Christmas was different this year because we actually had snow on Christmas Eve and quite a bit of it, like 3 inches, that stuck for Christmas day. It was the first time we have had snow on Christmas in over 80 years! It was gorgeous!! :)




As soon as I found out it was snowing outside, I jumped out of bed and had to go take pictures! :)




My house






This one I am a little more composed and together! I think the cold woke me up :)




My mom, my friend Michael, and I went to the Grapevine Parade of lights one night too. It was freezing that night. They were making fun of me because I wore my long underware, a tank top, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, a light jacket, and a heavier jacket, and some boots, a hat, and some gloves. They kept saying it wasn't going to be that cold, but guess who got the last laugh on that one!! hehe :) It turned out to be pretty freezing and my mom kept asking when we were going to leave! We had fun though getting to see all the Christmas lights and music though.


These are some of the fun floats in the parade and the Christmas tree and gazebo we say by. I love the tree because the lights changed colors to the music music! FUN!


I spent LOTS of time baking this Christmas, even more than previous years. I enjoyed it and everyone, even my brother, participated this year!







Brett is just soooo helpful!!! :)














This is my dad and I's tradition Christmas time picture. I believe we have taken it at least 4 or 5 years in a row now. It all started because my mom hates that we use that we use the wrong holiday aprons. It would drive her crazy but it was sort of funny. So now when we bake we always have to have the wrong holiday on. Yep, we are definitely silly, but we also like to have fun! :)


The apparent theme for this years Christmas was to be Wilson, the next door neighbor from the TV show Home Improvement, you know, the one that we never see his face!






Yet, after Brett was excited about what he got for Christmas I was at least able to snap a picture of him (and my dad).



My dad and I both serve/volunteer in the cafe at our amazing church (http://www.fellowshipchurch.com/). During the week of Christmas, we had 7 services total from Tuesday to Thursday.  I absolutely LOVE being at the church and around the people, so my dad and I voluteered for every service except the one that we attended. It was one of my favorite parts of this holiday season especially because we got to spend time with some amazing people! And I got to dress up in fun holiday attire! (my favorite)  :)


                       
  Me, Amy, and Kellie


                                                                           Dad, Amy, Me, Channing, and Kellie
                                                                      
Also, I was fortunate enough to get to spend time with some old friends from high school. Chelsea and I met for dinner to catch up and we just so happen to run into Chandler, Rick, and Carlo. We ended up all sitting down and catching up and then having some fun hanging out.








HIGH FIVES!



2009's Christmas season was overall awesome! I got to enjoy yummy food, good friends, and family. Who could ask for more?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Christmas spirit!! We didn't see a single picture of you opening any gifts though. Glad you had a wonderful 2009 Christmas, and I hope that 2010 is a million times better!

    ReplyDelete