Monday, January 18, 2010

New Years in Indy

My dad and I were lucky enough to be able to spend New Years with my extended family. I haven't seen most of them in a couple of years and it was the first time me and all 3 of the Robarge kids were together in a long time. It was such a blessing to end the year and start a new one with family. My dad and I drove to Indiana, and although it was a loooong drive, we had fun! The trip was interesting and consisted of some deep theological conversations as well as jokes and road trip games. This was the first time I got to meet my cousin's kids, Leah and Amanda. The kids were all adorable and I am so thankful that I got to meet them.



We had lots of fun playing Wii Fit Plus. We got everyone involved including Grandma and Grandpa and Amanda. I think Leah would have liked to play if she could stand by herself! :)






We also got to play our traditional football game! Of course we had fun and I especially enjoyed the fact that there was snow on the ground.
















We also got to play games including cards and my favorite game and a family tradition, Egyptian Ratscrew!



Hannah was kind enough to teach me how to make snow angels.




We pretty much had fun just hanging out. I loved just being with my family. It felt like we were little kids again and brought back a lot of fond memories. It was sort of surreal because now instead of us kids being the kids, some of the kids have kids of their own!














I had so much fun playing with the girls. Leah has a big cowlick in her hair and so I decided to style it sort of like I used to style mine when I had short hair. Then Hannah and I didn't want to be left out so I did ours too!




And of course we had to take our traditional thumb-sucking picture too.

(yes we know Drew, you didn't get the memo of the thumb! hehe)

The trip to Indy was so much fun! I am so glad that I was able to go and to see everyone. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful and amazing family. I sure hope that I won't have to wait a couple of years to get to see everyone again. Hawaii for Christmas next year right?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures, i really want a lot of them...will try to get them from Kodak Gallery, if not, maybe you can post them to Windows Live or something? GREAT POST...have you notified your cuzes their famous???

    ReplyDelete